Welcome to #TvsZ 6.5 for the Educause Learning Initiative annual meeting, 2015!
We will be playing a shorter version of the #TvsZ game, which usually takes place over about 3 days. We’ll be playing from 10.45am PST to 11:30am PST on Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015.
Here is our starting point…
You awake from the darkness only to be met with a deafening ringing and a headache. As your vision begins to clear you are unable to determine where you are. A sinking feeling — nothing looks familiar. Sitting upright, you try to recall your last memory. Searching through throbbing darkness you try to remember why you’re here, but the search comes back empty handed. Your fingers and toes begin to tingle with the adrenaline flowing from an onset of panic. “Am I alone?” you wonder.
You notice a beam of light, piercing the cracks around a broken metal door. You feel compelled to open it. As you walk towards the door your knees shake and your breath is short. Upon opening the door you are blinded by the beaming radiant sun and your lungs are shocked by the crispness of the air. With one hand raised towards the sun your vision clears once again and you find yourself on what appears to be a balcony of a city highrise. Looking to one side you see a desolate city landscape. To the other side, a blighted prairie. Snowy ash covers everything.
Now you remember: you should be afraid.
Basic rules for #TvsZ 6.5
- Register for #TvsZ 6.5 here and chose your team as Technology or Nature.
- Open your Twitter profile and add (T) or (N) after your name (your actual name, not your username) depending on the team that you’ve joined.
- Use the #TvsZ (case irrelevant) in every game related tweet.
- Begin imagining and describing the location where you’ve found yourself paying attention to the descriptions you’re seeing from others who are also using the #TvsZ hashtag.
- If your team changes during the game, update your Twitter profile page and change your team on the Scoreboard.
Basic game actions for #TvsZ 6.5
- #recruit: You can recruit other players off of their team onto yours by replying to a tweet of theirs and including #recruit within the text of your tweet. You can only #recruit someone who was tweeted within the last three minutes. Players may only use one #recruit action every 10 minutes (exception: admin “scout” accounts). Unless defended (see below), a #recruit tweet effectively pulls a player onto the team after 3 minutes.
- #resist: You can resist another player’s recruitment by replying to a #recruit tweet with #resist in the next of the reply. A resist tweet must be posted three minutes or less from original recruit tweet in order to be valid. Players may only use one #resist tweet every 10 minutes.
- #rescue: You can prevent any player from recruiting another player (not yourself) by replying to a #recruit tweet with #rescue in the next of the reply. Important: a #rescue tweet MUST be a reply to the original #recruit tweet so that it includes BOTH the name of the recruiter and his/her potential recruit-ee. A #rescue tweet must be posted three minutes or less from original recruit tweet in order to be valid. Players may only use one #rescue tweet every 10 minutes.
- #TvsZ is a communal, self-legislating game. Each player is responsible for changing his/her team on the spreadsheet and in his/her profile name if effectively recruited.